What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video and web conferencing service that can be used to host interviews, meetings large or small, and webinars. It works with Macs, Windows and mobile devices. Zoom provides remote conferencing services using cloud computing that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and collaboration. Instructors can initiate Zoom sessions for an entire class through the integration with Canvas. Outside of Canvas, individual participants and external users can join Zoom meetings via direct links shared through email or calendar events.
From the Publisher
Zoom helps consolidate communications, connect people, and collaborate better together in the boardroom, classroom, operating room, and everywhere in between.
- High-quality video, audio, screen sharing with a stable connection for up to 300 participants
- Chat, polling, presence indicators, and break-out rooms
- Display up to 25 video windows per screen
- One click to start or join meetings
- All features available on desktops/laptops and mobile devices
Zoom is available as the default conferencing platform integrated with UNF’s Canvas instance. As with any integration, CIRT recommends scheduling a consultation to discuss considerations and implications for Zoom before using it with your course.
This and similar apps featured in the following collections: