What is YouTube?
YouTube is a video sharing service where users can watch, like, share, comment and upload their own videos.
From the Publisher
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
- Embedding YouTube Videos: Instructors can embed YouTube videos directly into Canvas course pages or modules.
- Linking to YouTube Videos: Instructors can also provide links to YouTube videos within their Canvas courses. They can add these links in course announcements, assignments, discussions, or any other relevant location. When students click on the link, they will be redirected to the YouTube video in their browser.
- Discussion Board Engagement: Instructors can create discussions on Canvas where students can watch specific YouTube videos and engage in conversation about the content. This encourages interaction and collaboration among students.
- Assignment Submissions: Instructors may ask students to create and upload their own videos to YouTube as part of an assignment. Students can then submit the YouTube video link within Canvas, allowing instructors to review and grade the submissions easily.
- Supplemental Resources: Instructors can curate playlists or collections of YouTube videos that align with the course content. These playlists can be shared with students through Canvas, providing additional resources for self-study or review.
The YouTube integration allows instructors to search publicly available YouTube videos from within Canvas. A new icon will show up in your course rich content editor letting you search YouTube and click to embed videos in your course material.