What is Perusall?
Perusall is an e-reader platform that centers student discussion around the reading of an electronic text. Instructors provide students with access to a digital text in Perusall. When students view the reading, they can add public questions and comments as annotations to the text. Discussion threads develop around places in the reading that spark student interest or generate questions for them. Perusall can be integrated into Canvas using an LTI.
From the Publisher
With Perusall, an online social annotation platform, you can increase student engagement, collaboration, and community within your course. Plus, Perusall works with your favorite course content including books, articles, web pages, videos, podcasts, and images.
- Perusall creates a social network inside course content.
- Assessment features like the Student Confusion Report provide instructors with actionable data.
- The content-agnostic platform lets instructors mix and match types of content within a single assignment.
- Interactive note-taking feature goes beyond typical highlighting, allowing students to snip the content, create a note, and quickly jump back to the content in the assignment.
- LTI integration offers single sign-on and grade sync for individual scores or the class average.
Perusall has no ads and never sells student data. So how is it possible that Perusall is free? Perusall generates revenue in classes where an instructor chooses to use a textbook or other copyrighted materials; students simply purchase the content through Perusall instead of elsewhere.
This and similar apps featured in the following collections: