What is Films on Demand?
Films On Demand is a Web-based digital video delivery service that allows you to view streaming videos from Films Media Group (also includes many titles from Films for the Sciences and Humanities) anytime, anywhere, 24/7!
Faculty can choose from thousands of high-quality educational titles in dozens of subject areas. Special features within Films On Demand allow users the ability to organize and bookmark clips, create and share playlists, and create personalized folders.
From the Publisher
Films On Demand‘s platform provides users with the content, tools, speed, and performance that today’s online experience demands. At Films On Demand, we know that content matters. Our video library has been assembled not just with a focus on volume, but also with a discerning eye for quality and relevance. It is the result of decades of careful curating with a single guiding principle: providing every academic department on campus with the most essential video titles for their field of study. Plus, Films On Demand titles have won numerous awards, including Peabody, CLIO, Telly, Emmy®, CINE Golden Eagle Award, Video Librarian Best Documentary, FREDDIE Award, and many more!
- Extensive Video Library: Films on Demand provides access to a vast library of educational videos covering diverse topics. The collection includes documentaries, instructional videos, lectures, and more, sourced from reputable producers and distributors. Users can explore content from various disciplines, including science, history, social sciences, and more.
- Search and Browse Capabilities: The platform offers robust search and browse features to help users discover relevant videos. Users can search for specific titles, keywords, or subjects, making it easier to find videos aligned with their educational needs and interests. Additionally, browsing options by subject, producer, or series are available for efficient exploration.
- Customizable Playlists: Films on Demand allows users to create and manage custom playlists. This feature enables educators to curate a selection of videos for specific topics or courses, streamlining access to relevant content. Students can also create their own playlists to organize videos for study or research purposes.
- Closed Captioning and Transcripts: Accessibility is prioritized on Films on Demand, and many of the videos feature closed captioning or transcripts. This ensures that individuals with hearing impairments or those who prefer reading along can still benefit from the content. Users can enable captions or access transcripts for better understanding and study.
- Easy Integration and Embedding: Films on Demand offers integration options for learning management systems (LMS) and other educational platforms. This allows educators to seamlessly integrate video content into their courses or share it with students. The platform also provides embedding capabilities, enabling users to embed videos in presentations, websites, or other digital projects.
The Films on Demand integration allows instructors to search Films on Demand videos from within Canvas. An app icon is displayed in your course rich content editor letting you search and click to embed Films on Demand videos in your course material.